Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Census

I filled out my Census form last night. I sat down to fill it out expecting it to take a good 15-20 minutes and it took 2. Why? Because I am a family of one (well that and the fact that I didn’t realize that the Census doesn’t really ask a lot of questions). Now, most days the fact that I’m single really doesn’t bother me one little bit (after all, I get to do whatever the hell I want with my money, time, and self), but sometimes it takes the Federal Government to point out that I am, in fact, alone. I mean, I have the cat, but she isn’t really good at talking back (wait, am I complaining?). I appreciate my independence, but I would also like a partner to do all those fun things I like to do with. It was so easy to meet people in college and then after college…where do they go? I don’t think the guys I’m looking for are at bars, but, I mean, I’m at the bar so why should I let that get in the way? Or do girls and guys think about meeting someone “out” differently? I think oh, nice guy, wonder if he’d like to get dinner…but does the guy think, oh, nice ass, wonder if she’s drunk enough to go home with me? And friends….it seems like your friends would be a good source of nice, non-ass-seeking men, but mine apparently are all out. So I guess that’s my question – where do you find guys after college?

Oh, and Happy 30th Birthday my little brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment