Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Locks

I changed my locks. After I changed my locks I noticed that one of the extra bedroom’s door no longer went “beep beep beep” when it was opened and closed. Now, I didn’t really think that this was going to impact me too much. BUT, apparently it did. Since about that time, every night I go to sleep sometime between 11 and 12:30 and every night around 2:30 I wake up. I always look to see if I can see someone standing outside my bedroom door (weird, yes, I know). Then I lay back down and fall asleep…until about 4:30 when I wake up again, decide that no one is going to break into my house that late and fall asleep blissfully until my alarm goes off. I was telling one of my friends how I hadn’t been sleeping very well lately when I remembered that dang door beep. And I thought, “hmm, I wonder if that’s why I wake up at 2:30 every night?!” So I finally motivated myself enough to go downstairs and reinstall the door knob. I thought my installation was the reason for the lost beep; however, I actually think it had to do with the window A/C I purchased for my previous roommate – I apparently just didn’t notice that the door had lost its beep until I changed the locks. I took down the window A/C and tada, the door now goes “beep beep beep” again. Last night I went to bed around midnight and didn’t wake up until 4:30. So I’ll take that as progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment