Thursday, April 8, 2010

It's Because I'm SUPPOSED To

A new study says that humans are born with a predisposition to dance (or “move rhythmically in response to music”). I now have research to point to for why I am inclined shake my booty (nod my head, tap my foot, do a little wiggle) any time I hear music! Seriously, at softball every week “Softball Guy” (he’s on another team) brings his party on wheels (intense sound system on a wagon thing he built (he told me that)) and I can hear it from both fields so I just dance the entire time I’m in the field and when I’m batting. I mean, my team certainly picks on me, but I’m OK with that. I just can’t help myself; I hear the music and I react. When I was in college/early 20s I always wanted to go to bars where I could dance…my friends not so much (maybe their predispositions aren’t as strong as mine). I usually gave in and just wherever the consensus was…but still danced.

Weddings are this dancing girl’s dream…it’s awesome because there are usually enough intoxicated people that I get a big group of dancing crazies to shake it with me. And bachelorette parties. And Bourbon Street. And another thing, a guy immediately becomes that much hotter when he shows that he has some rhythm and is willing to dance WITH ME. I mean *sigh* it’s an incredible turn-on…Unless they’re trying to dance like Justin Timberlake or something and then they’re just weird. I mean, I think I may not even like dancing with Justin because 1. he’d obviously be better than me and 2. people that are REALLY good dancers don’t really need to show off. Anyway. So dancing. Yeah, it’s awesome. You should listen to your inner self and just shake it…even if it's just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment